Friday, July 14, 2006

Phirst

Now I've never really ever been First to do anything, so this I shall savour...
Currently we are staying at a great little Chengdu hostel- Sims Cozy Guesthouse- really friendly and an awesome little place. Maki (the Japanese wife of the couple who run it) has been to NZ. She asked the young fulla if he was Maori. After receiving confirmation in the affirmative, she said she knew. And we (he) are (is) the first maori to come here!!!! Wo-hoo! Glory-be! Hallelujah!
I know its only a small thing, but you know simple minds and all that...

Musical first: They had traditional Chinese music here tonight which was pretty cool. Its actually quite soothing when its played well. The girls looked really cool in their get-up aswell. There was a typical Sichuan (the province we are in) BBQ, but it looked pretty ho-hum. Lots of stuff on sticks tho'- they have lots of food on sticks here- its fantastic!!

And along the lines of "Phirsts", this is the first time in my life (that I can remember) where there has been an absolute excess of mucus. Disgusting I know but its a fact. I am beginning to understand why the populous spends a great deal of time hocking up there lungs. Personally I reckon its the damn pollution and the body is trying its best to not let all that "ickiness" into itself. Sim (the Singaporean half of the couple that run the hostel) says its 'cos of the heat. Perhaps. His recommendation was green tea. Break down the offending green gobules and fix you right up he reckons. I believe him but couldn't be arsed giving it a go. Our next stop is Kunming which is at slighter higher altitude and promises more of a temperate climate.
Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

Vernon said...

Simple Minds - great band. I told you I was an 80's man.

Food-on-a-stick is so good.